The wedding bells will soon be ringing, but the bride is anything but beautiful and ready to march down the aisle and straight into her groom’s arms. Frazzled and nervous as you may be about your upcoming nuptials, you should still pay particular attention to the little details, like your bridal accessories.
In the world of fashion, the importance of the right accessories cannot be emphasized enough. Accessories are not just decorations that you stick on the clothes or wear on your body any way you like. Accessories can make or break your outfit, can help you gain the respect and admiration of people or make them laugh you out of town. For brides, especially, the right bridal accessories are important so that you can feel like the queen you should be on your wedding day.
You’re most likely double-checking last minute details. You’ve done so much planning and dotted every “i” and crossed every “t”. Don’t let a wedding day emergency ruin your day.
Here’s a list of 10 items you should have on hand to make sure your big day happens without a hiccup.
1. Aspirin and Alka-Seltzer. If you start to get a headache, or your stomach feels a little upset on your big day, try to nip that ailment in the bud. Aspirin will help the most at the onset of a headache. Don’t wait until you have a full-blown temple thumping headache to take a couple of aspirin. Alka-Seltzer can help settle your stomach if it starts doing flips. Be sure to have a small, sensible breakfast on your wedding day so you have energy, and you don’t get lightheaded.
2. Bobby Pins.Your hair or that of your bridesmaids is probably sprayed and pinned up or into something fancy. Having some bobby pins handy will allow for quick fixes of any stubborn hair that decide it doesn’t want to stay put.
3. Deodorant. Yes, even beautiful brides sweat! Apply your deodorant as soon as you get out of the shower. Be careful to apply it sparingly yet completely… if that’s possible. You want to be confident that you won’t get stinky. But don’t apply so much deodorant that it rubs off onto your dress or creates unsightly steaks under your armpits. Hopefully, you have a roll-on that goes on clear.
4. Garter. Hidden underneath that wedding gown should be a little something special for later on. The garter toss is definitely a fun part of the wedding reception party. By the time it happens everyone has been partying it up for a while and is loosened up. If you think there is a chance your garter might slip, don’t wear it to your actual wedding. Have your maid of honor hold it in her purse or the “emergency kit tote bag” so that you can put it on at the reception or right before it is time for the garter toss. This will prevent you from worrying if you’re going to loose your garter while walking around. Or, heaven forbids, it slips off in the church!
5. Kleenex. Weddings are notorious for tears. You’ll probably cry a little, your bridesmaids might mist up a little, moms for sure will blubber at the drop of a hat when their baby is getting married. Kleenex is a must. Use it as soon as you start tearing up to save your make-up.
6. Lint Brush, toothbrush and hair brush. You might end up with lint or hairs on your dress that need to be brushed off with a lint brush. This is especially necessary if there is a dog or cat in the house where you’re getting dressed. Animal hair seems to stick on your clothes at the wrong time. The groom and groomsmen might need a little brushing off too. If they are wearing tuxedos in a dark color, any little speck of link or hair will be prominent. Toothbrush and Tampons will help you keep your teeth sparkling clean. Hopefully your wedding date is nowhere near that time of the month, but just in case bring along some sanitary supplies, so you don’t have to worry about it. A hairbrush and hair spray are invaluable to keep you and your bridesmaids looking their best. A brush seems to be one of those things that if you bring it, you won’t need it. Forget to bring it and you’ll be freaking out because your hair got messed up and you’re desperate for a darn brush.
7. Make-Up and Jewelry. Be sure to bring your make-up. Your eyeshadow, lipstick, mascara, foundation, powder, lip gloss, whatever you put on, bring it. If you cry a little or if it is a hot day, your makeup will surely need a little help. Bare minimum, do a little touch up right before your pictures. After that, you’re off the hook. Your earrings, necklace, and bracelet should be put on immediately as you start getting ready. That way you won’t forget anything. Be sure to have a trusted bridesmaid or the maid of honor be in charge of holding the ring for your groom.
8. Nail Polish. Most girls know this already, but clear nail polish is your friend. If you get a little run or snag in your nylon stockings, a little clear nail polish painted on will stop the run. It will dry and act like glue so that your nylon won’t keep unraveling at the problem area.
9. Underwear. Of course, you’ll need underwear. Cotton panties will be most comfortable and breathe. There is nothing more annoying that wearing a fancy pair of panties only to have them bother you all day long! It’s not worth it. Wear something cute but sensible. You can slip into the sexy stuff as you depart for your honeymoon or when you get to your hotel.
10. Water. A couple of bottles of water is just what you need if you feel parched before your ceremony. Whet your whistle but don’t drink too much, or you’ll be running to the bathroom. It’s quite a production to use the ladies room when you’re dressed up in full bridal regalia.
Remember that there is no perfect wedding day. You are going to forget something. Funny things happen at every marriage, but that’s when you’re able to look back with a good story! So prepare and be ready, relax and enjoy this amazing experience in your life.
Article Source: Plaza Hotel Wedding Chapel | Google +
Plaza Hotel Wedding Chapel and Florist